HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A SUCCULENT
Succulent care is easy, and succulent gardens and terrariums can brighten any indoor space.
- Succulents live in arid environments and need very little water, especially when grown in a terrarium.
- You can spray them with a light mist every week, or water them once a month with a tiny bit of water by dripping water near the roots.
- It is much better to underwater than overwater these plants, as overwatering can lead to rot, which will kill the plants.
- If the plants are not getting enough water, their leaves may start to shrivel and droop a bit, but they will recover quickly once you water them.
- Succulents do well placed near a window that gets only indirect light for most of the day.
- Too much direct sunlight will burn the plants as the terrarium can get very warm.
- Succulents require nutrients and should be applied only in spring and summer.
- Too much fertilizer can be worse than none at all.
- Make sure to use a low nitrogen fertilizer at about ½ to ¼ the recommended rate.
- Succulents require little maintenance. To discourage rot, it is best to remove fallen leaves from the terrarium.
- It is also good to allow the terrarium to receive fresh air from an open window when the weather permits.